Duet 3 Clone 6HC MainBoardSKU: 3D8006-5i
PanelDue SizePanelDue 5i PanelDue 7i
Expansion BoardNo Expansion Board 3HC Expansion Board
Clone Duet3 MainBoard 6HC
The Duet 3 Clone 6HC featuring 6 High Current Stepper Drivers is the latest generation open source controller board that builds on Duet3D's experience in developing the most flexible and expandable 3d printer control solutions. It is the core of the Duet 3 family which provides control for a wide range of machines including 3D printers, CNCs, lasercutters and more.
The overall aim with the Duet 3 series is to allow for maximum flexibility of machine design through highly capable main boards, expansion boards, smart tool boards and custom expansion modules. The flexibility of configuration and advanced features are enabled by the innovative RepRapFirmware 3 running on the Duet 3 Mainboard and the customised DuetSoftwareFramework running on a single board computer.
6HC Salient Features:
- Powerful 32 Bit Processor (ARM Cortex M7 @300Mhz)
- Dedicated High speed bus to a single board computer (e.g. Raspberry Pi) for the user interface and plugins
- 6 High Current Trinamic 2160 stepper drivers running at up to 4.45A RMS, 6.3A peak with firmware control of the full feature set including up to 256 microstepping, StallGuard 2 and StealthChop2
- 2 CAN-FD buses that support the next generation of Duet3D expansion boards, smart tools and custom addons. initial target is support for up to 8 x 3 channel expansion boards (another 24 stepper channels).
- 10 PWM outputs of varying current capacities support a high current heated bed, 3 extruders and 6 fans.
- 9 IO ports for endstops, probes, filament monitors and other sensors.
- 3 Thermistor/PT1000 inputs and support for 4 PT100/thermocouple inputs via the optional daughterboards.
- Connect via PC, tablet or smartphone on the same network to the onboard web interface.
- Set up your printer and update the firmware through the web interface.
- All common 3D printer geometries are supported
- Support for a wide range of Z probes including BL Touch.
The documentation for Duet 3 is under development: initial information is here:
- Duet 3 Mainboard 6HC Hardware Overview
- Duet 3 Mainboard 6HC Wiring Diagram
- As an example of the many expansion modules planned, an quick overview of the Duet 3 Expansion 3HC board is available here.