3DXSTAT ESD PC (750gms)SKU: 3D3010-175
3DXSTAT™ ESD-Safe Polycarbonate (ESD PC) 3D Printing Filament
3DXSTAT™ ESD PC is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state of the art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes. Target surface resistance of 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
|Extruder Temp: 260-3000°C||Bed Temp: 110-120°C||Heated Chamber: Recommended||
Nozzle Specs: 0.4mm diameter minimum
Hardened Steel Nozzle
Supports: X1 Water Soluble Support
|Drying Specs: 80°C for 4+ hours||Layer Height: No special recommendation||
Benefits of Polycarbonate (PC) Include:
- High thermal properties including a Tg of 147°C
- Amorphous structure gives low, near isotropic shrinkage
- Excellent ductility and impact resistance
- Very low odor emitted while printing
- Wide processing range of 265-300°C
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ Include
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
2.85mm Available on order only. (Lead time: <7 days)
Typical ESD PLA Applications Include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing Applications
Target Conductivity for 3DXSTAT ESD PLA:
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how ESD PLA filament works in your specific printer/application.
Surface Conductivity as a Function of Extruder Temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD PLA part will vary depending on the printer’s extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be ‘dialed-in’ by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 260-300°C
- Bed Temp: 110-120°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep or 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping and improves layer adhesion
- Supports: AquaTek™ water soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material works ideal for complex parts
- Drying Instructions: 120°C for 4 hours.