- Using the same MCU and core circuit as AT AVRISP, easy to use, stable and reliable
- Based on ATMEL official STK500 firmware, identified as AVRISP/STK500 in AVRStudio, high speed programming
- Standard ISP_6PIN connector
- CH340G USB to UART converter, supports most popular OS, including WIN10, more stable, faster programming
- Supports AVR Studio 4/5/6/7
- Supports 0~3.6864MHz frequency output (via the two through holes on the backside, round=GND, square=PCLK, frequency is configurable by software)
- Assembled and ready to use
- 6-pin AVR-standard interfaces
- 2 LEDs to indicate "USB/Power good" and "Busy"
- USB powered
- USB cable (A to B type) is included
- Use AVRDudess GUI to use this programmer to upload your HEX file. You can download it from here!
- Connect programmer and ICSP of Arduino with the 6-pin cable adaptor included. Then connect AVRISP to computer by USB cable (A to B type).
- After the hardwares are connected, we can start the Arduino IDE. Under the list of “Tools”->“Board” , choose your Arduino version. Then click “Tools” -> “Burn Bootloader” -> “w/ USBtinyISP” to start burning Arduino bootloader
- During burning, you will see the “BUSY” Led flashing
- It will take awhile to burn (but still faster than USBasp ). You will see “Done burning bootloader” at Arduino IDE when it is done.
- AVR Studio or WINAVR(GCC) is used as front-end software
- Supports files generated by IAR, ICCAVR, CVAVR, etc.
Same as AT AVR ISP:
- Supports most AVR MCU with ISP programming option
- Supports AT86RF401/AT89S51/AT89S52 (when programming S51/S52, the MCU.RESET is recommended to be connected with the programmer, not the external reset circuit)
Refer to AVRStudio 4.18 SP3, the following devices are supported:
|*Supports all low voltage versions of the devices with suffix of L/V, such as ATmega16L, ATmega48V|
- High speed programs FLASH ROM, EEPROM, Fuses, and Lock Bit
- It takes only 5.5s to program a 45K program file with verification (the test MCU uses 8MHz external crystal, and programming speed is set as 1.8MHz)
Connects to PC
- Uses a quasi-USB interface (USB To COM)
- The COM port is configurable, a PC could connects to several USB AVRISP CH at the same time
Note: the COM port should be configured as COM1-COM4 for the first time, refer to the user manual for more details.
Connects to the Target Board
The USB AVRISP CH connects to the target board through 3 optional cables. Depending on the existed connector on the target board, the cable has to be changed accordingly.
For standard 6-pin ISP connector, use the default 6-pin ISP cable, the header pinout is shown in the figure below:
- For standard 10-pin ISP connector, use 6-pin to 10-pin ISP cable, the header pinout is shown in the figure below:
- For custom ISP connector, use the 6-wire multicolour separated cable
Note: the programmer is powered from USB connection, however, it will not power the target board, which should be powered from another supply.
- USB AVRISP CH x1
- USB cable x1
- 6-pin to 10-pin ISP cable x1
- 6-wire multicolour separated cable x1
- User Guide CD x1
- Quick start sheet x1
- 1x USBtinyISP AVR ISP Programmer
- 1x USB Cable