Behold the Mosquito® Liquid - it uses the same patented technology found in the standard, air-cooled Mosquito® hotend, but optimized for liquid cooling in heated enclosures. Like all of Slice’s hotends, Mosquito® Liquid is completely Made in the USA, out of top end materials. The liquid cooling block is precision machined out of a super conductive copper alloy, and coated with a non-marring, highly inert, gold-colored plating that allows for use with any commercially available coolant.
Liquid also features Slice’s latest Bimetallic Heat Break™ - the first version to be totally conductively cooled. The hotend is available with or without liquid fittings. In the near future, Mosquito® Liquid will be featured on several upcoming industrial 3D printers optimized for printing high temperature plastics such as PPSU, PEEK and PEKK.
- Mosquito® Liquid Includes:
- Mosquito® Base Liquid - Compact (x1)
- Hot Block Hardware (x1)
- Mosquito® Heat Break - Conduction (x1)
- Mosquito® Hot Block (x1)
- Hotend Wrench Set (x1)
- 6 mm or 8mm OD Eisele Fittings available as variant
- Hotend comes fully assembled, fittings (optional) bagged separately
- Hotend mass: 74 grams
- Hotend mass w/ 6 mm OD Eisele Straight Fittings: 99 grams
- Hotend mass w/ 8 mm OD Eisele Straight Fittings: 108 grams
- Hotend mass w/ 6 mm OD Eisele Elbow Fittings: 122 grams
- Hotend mass w/ 8 mm OD Eisele Elbow Fittings: 158 grams
NOTE: Contact us for sizes that are out of stock.
- If using Eisele Fittings, the compression side should be hand tightened and the threaded side should be torqued to a maximum of 9 Nm for a proper seal.
- If using these compression fittings with a tube material that has a Durometer of 95A or softer, a tube support will be necessary in order to properly secure the tube within the fitting. An example of a tube support for the 6 mm fittings can be found here and a tube support for the 8 mm fittings can be found here.
- If using a tubing softer than 95A, we tested and recommend Viton® fluoroelastomer tubing with a Durometer of 75A. Contact us for tubing.
- The Mosquito® Liquid is compatible with Rep Rap style nozzles which are characterized by their M6 x 1.0 threads, 7 mm threaded length, and 12.5 mm overall length