Its a TP5000 Battery Charging Module with support for Lithium Ion and Lithium Phosphate Batteries, and works with 4.2V as well as 3.6V Battery. The default charging current on this module is 1A but is adjustable by changing value of current shunt sensing resistor. It has Over current, over discharge and over current protection. RED led indicates that the battery is charging, and green indicates the the battery is fully charged.
The TP5000 Battery Charging Module has input voltage range of DC 4.5V – 9V (Recommended Input Voltage should not exceed 7V). The default output voltage is 4.2V (for charging the Lithium Ion Battery). The default Output Current is 1A. This module can also charge Lithium Phosphate Battery. To charge, the lithium ion phosphate battery, one should connect the solder pads with F label.
The output current is variable by soldering extra resistor on blank pad just below the SANYA label, below R100 resistor.
The TP5000 Battery Charging Module has a switching regulator integrated, which reduces the heat produced as compared to linear regulators. It also has a blank pad on the bottom side to dissipate the heat, the user can fix heat sink there, in case of output current needed is more than 1A. The TP5000 Battery Charging Module can work as LIfePO4 Battery Charger and also charge Li-ion Battery.
- Input Voltage Range: DC 4.5V – 9V ( Recommended Input voltage should not exceed 7V)
- Output Voltage: 4.2V/3.6V (Changeable)
- Default Output Voltage: 4.2V (For Lithium Ion Battery)
- Can charge Lithium Ion Battery (4.2V) as well as Lithium Phosphate battery (3.6V)
- Output Current: 1A (Default, Changeable)
- LED Indicator: RED indicates charging ON, GREEN indicates charging complete
- F Solder pad connected: 3.6V Lithium Phosphate Battery Charging Mode
- F Solder pad unconnected: 4.2V Lithium Ion Battery Charging Mode
- Adjustable Output Current:
- Default Current: 1A ( 0.1 Ohms R100 resistor Soldered below SANYA label)
- Output Current: 1.5A (Solder 0.2 Ohms resistor below R100 resistor below SANYA label)
- Output Current: 2A (Solder 0.1 Ohms resistor below R100 resistor below SANYA label)
- Set Output Current: 0.5A (Remove R100 resistor below SANYA, instead solder 0.2 Ohms resistor there)
- Additional Heat Sink Required when Output Current more than 1A