TMC2209 V1.2 Stepper Motor Driver
Incl. of 18% GST.
The TMC2209 is an ultra-silent motor driver IC for two phase stepper motors. TMC2209 pinning is compatible to a number of legacy drivers as well as to the TMC2208. TRINAMICs sophisticated StealthChop2 chopper ensures noiseless operation, maximum efficiency and best motor torque. Its fast current regulation and optional combination with SpreadCycle allow highly dynamic motion while adding. StallGuard for sensorless homing. The integrated power MOSFETs handle motor currents up to 2A RMS with protection and diagnostic features for robust and reliable operation. A simple to use UART interface opens up tuning and control options. Store application tuning to OTP memory. Industries’ most advanced STEP/DIR stepper motor driver family upgrades designs to noiseless and most precise operation for cost-effective and highly competitive solutions.
In comparison to the DRV8825 and A4988, these drivers offer the most advanced Stepper Control.
- 2-phase stepper motors up to 2.8A coil current (peak), 2A RMS
- STEP/DIR Interface with 8, 16, 32 or 64 microstep pin setting
- Smooth Running 256 microsteps by MicroPlyer interpolation
- StealthChop2 silent motor operation
- SpreadCycle highly dynamic motor control chopper
- StallGuard4 load and stall detection for StealthChop
- CoolStep current control for energy savings up to 75%
- Low RDSon, Low Heat-Up LS 170mΩ & HS 170mΩ (typ. at 25°C)
- Voltage Range 4.75... 29V DC
- Low Power Standby to fit standby energy regulations
- Internal Sense Resistor option (no sense resistors required)
- Passive Braking, Freewheeling, and automatic power down
- Single Wire UART & OTP for advanced configuration options
- Integrated Pulse Generator for standalone motion
- Full Protection & Diagnostics