TMC2208 Stepper Motor DriverSKU: ELC4022-STEPDIR
StyleUART Mode STEP DIR Mode
This module is based on TMC2208 that is an ultra-quiet two-phase stepper motor driver chip. It offers continuous drive current 1.4A, peak current 2A and voltage range of 5.5V-36V, 256 subdivisions. The flexible microlayer interpolation unit provides up to 256 subdivisions, allowing perfect sinusoidal control even in systems with limited pulse frequencies.
The TMC2208 covers a wide spectrum of applications from battery systems to embedded applications with up to 2A motor current per coil.
It is compatible with existing 3D printer electronics, eliminating the expensive costs of the redesign with a standard STEP/DIR interface that facilitate the usage. Most advanced STEP/DIR stepper motor driver family upgrades design to the most precise operation for cost-effective and highly competitive solutions.
It can replace the original TMC2100 and decrease the heat, especially for the 3D printing market. Application tuning can be specifically stored to OTP memory. Standby current reduction keeps costs for power dissipation and cooling down.
We also have a UART version available.
- Main Chip: TMC2208
- Channel: 2 Channels
- Native Micro steps: up to 1/256
- Micro steps: 1/256
- Logic Voltage (VIO): 3V ~ 5V
- Motor Voltage (VM): 5.5V ~ 36V
- Motor Phase Current max: 1.2A RMS, 2.0A Peak
- Internal V- Regulator: enabled
- RDSon: <=0.3 Ohm
- Pin Number: 16 Pins
- Interface: CFG Pins, UART
- Power Supply
- GND: Ground
- VM: Motor Supply Voltage
- VIO: Logic Supply Voltage
- Motor Outputs
- M1A: Motor Coil 1
- M1B: Motor Coil 1
- M2A: Motor Coil 2
- M2B: Motor Coil 2
- Control Inputs
- STEP: Step-Signal Input
- DIR: Direction-Signal Input
- EN: Enable Motor Outputs: GND=on, VIO=off
- MS1: Step-Configuration
- MS2: Step-Configuration
- PDN: UART and Auto Power Down Control: GND=on, VIO=off
- CLK: Clock Input
- DIAG: Diagnostics Output
- INDEX: Index Output
- VREF: Analog Reference Voltage
- 1x TMC2208 Stepper Driver Module
- 1x Heatsink