THERMAX PPSU (250g)SKU: 3D3024
ThermaX™ PPSU 3D Printing Filament
ThermaX™ PPSU [Polyphenyl Sulfone] is considered one of the highest performance plastics in the industry. This high-temperature amorphous polymer that offers excellent mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties.
Polyphenylsulfone (PPSF or PPSU) is a high-temperature aromatic sulfone polymer. Long considered to be one of the highest performance polymers in the plastics world. PPSU has excellent thermal and chemical resistance, making it well suited for demanding applications in automotive, aerospace, electronics, defense, industrial, medical, semi-con applications. Previously only available to Stratasys® customers – now you can print with this ultra performance polymer.
|Extruder Temp: 360-390°C||Bed Temp: 140-160°C||Heated Chamber: Recommended||Nozzle Specs: No special concerns|
Supports: Works best with HTS break-away support
|Drying Specs: 120°C for 4+ hours||Layer Height: No concern||
Benefits of ThermaX™ PPSU:
- Very high thermal properties superior to Ultem™ 1010
- Tg of 220°C and HDT of 205°C
- High Environmental Stress Crack Resistance (ESCR)
- Sterilization capable, including EtO gas, radiation, steam autoclaving, plasma, dry heat and cold sterilization
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Outstanding impact resistance
- Highly resistant to even large (10 Mrd) doses of gamma radiation
- Resists most common automotive fluids including gasoline, antifreeze, transmission fluids, motor oils, power steering fluid, windshield washer fluid (ESCR, 24 hrs, 100°C)
- Inherently flame retardant with low smoke evolution and low smoke toxicity
- Excellent dimensional stability with low creep sensitivity, low and uniform coefficient of thermal expansion, and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions.
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ Include:
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended PPSU Print Settings:
- Extruder: 340-390°C
- Bed Temp: 140-160°C
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape work best for us.
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
- Supports: ThermaX™ HTS High-Temp Support is designed specifically to work with high-temp materials like this one.
- Other: No cooling fan and print speeds of 16 mm/s as a starting point.
- Drying Instructions: 120°C for 4 hours.