Raspberry Pi PoE Hat
Incl. of 18% GST.
The Raspberry Pi PoE HAT is an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B and the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. It allows the Raspberry Pi to be powered via a power-enabled Ethernet network.
- 802.3af PoE
- Fully isolated switched-mode power supply
- 37–57V DC, Class 2 device
- 5V/2.5A DC output
- 25mm x 25mm brushless fan for processor cooling
- Fan control
The Raspberry Pi PoE HAT powers a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ via an Ethernet cable. Power-sourcing equipment is required on the Ethernet network.
The Raspberry Pi Power over Ethernet HAT is a small accessory for the Raspberry Pi computer. It can only be used with the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (launched June 2019) and the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (launched March 2018). The PoE HAT allows you to power your Raspberry Pi using Power over Ethernet–enabled networks; for this product to be used, the network it is connected to needs to have power-sourcing equipment installed.
Supplied with this product
- Raspberry Pi PoE HAT
- Mechanical spacers
Other hardware needed
- A Raspberry Pi 4 Model B or Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- An Ethernet cable
- Power-sourcing equipment for a 802.3af Power over Ethernet network
Connecting your PoE HAT to the Raspberry Pi
- Before installing the PoE HAT, you must attach the supplied spacers in the four corners of the board
- Then connect the Raspberry Pi PoE HAT to the two 0.1” headers (40 + 4) that are fitted on the Raspberry Pi
- Once the PoE HAT board is connected, you can power the Raspberry Pi through its RJ45 network connector
Disconnecting your PoE HAT
- Take care when separating the HAT from the Pi
- Pull evenly so that it detaches from all the pins at the same rate; do not pull one end of the connector off before the other