LilyPad Arduino 328 Main Board
The LilyPad Arduino 328 Main Board is an Arduino-programmed microcontroller designed to be easily integrated into e-textiles and wearable projects. It offers the same functionality you find in other Arduino boards, in a lightweight, round package designed to minimize snagging and profile, with wide tabs that can be sewn down and connected with conductive thread.
The LilyPad Arduino consists of an ATmega328 with the Arduino bootloader and a minimum number of external components to keep it as small (and as simple) as possible. This board will run from 2V to 5V and offers large pin-out holes that make it easy to sew and connect. Each of these pins, with the exception of (+) and (-), can control an attached input or output device (like a light, motor, or switch).
LilyPad is a wearable e-textile technology developed by Leah Buechley and cooperatively designed by Leah and SparkFun. Each LilyPad was creatively designed to have large connecting pads to allow them to be sewn into clothing. Various input, output, power, and sensor boards are available. They’re even washable!
- Total number of input output pins : 9
- Digital input output pins : 5
- Analog input output pins : 4
- Reset button
- It uses ATmega328
- On / Off switch is built-in
- JST connector (built-in power supply socket) for 3.7 V LiPo battery
- Built-in charging socket i.e. we don’t have to worry about any external voltage supply to charge our batteries.
- Simple layout
- Suitable for simple projects
- Don’t supply more than 5.5 V else you will damage your board.
- Per pin max current allowed is 40 mA
- Max current for entire package should not exceed 200 mA