This high-torque standard servo now comes in a metal-gear flavor, for extra-high torque (10 kg*cm!) and reliability! It can rotate at least 120 degrees (60 in each direction) with a classic 1.5-2.5ms pulse, but if you can extend your pulses it can go up to about 170 degrees - it varies a bit servo-to-servo. You can use any servo code, hardware or library to control these servos.
To control with an Arduino, we suggest connecting the orange control wire to pin 9 or 10 and using the Servo library included with the Arduino IDE. Position "0" (1.5ms pulse) is middle, "90" (~2ms pulse) is all the way to the right, "-90" (~1ms pulse) is all the way to the left.
The default servo pulse widths (usually 1ms to 2ms) may not give you a full 180 degrees of motion. In that case, check if you can set your servo controller to custom pulse lengths and try 0.75ms to 2.25ms. You can try shorter/longer pulses but be aware that if you go too far you could break your servo!
NOTE: Operating servos close to or at stall torque reduces their life and will permanently damage them beyond repair.
- Weight: 55g
- Dimension: 40.7mm X 19.7mm X 42.9mm
- Stall Torque: 9.4 kg-cm (4.8V); 11 kg-cm (6V)
- Operating Speed: 0.20sec/60degree (4.8V); 0.16sec/60degree (6.0V)
- Operating Voltage: 4.8V ~ 6.6V
- Gear Type: Metal gear
- Temperature Range: 0℃ - 55℃
- Dead Band Width: 1us
- Servo Wire Length: 32cm
- Current Draw at idle: 10mA
- No Load Operating Current: 170mA
- Stall Current: 1.2A
- Servo Arms and Screws included