Add Internet to your next project with an adorable, bite-sized WiFi microcontroller, at a price you like! The ESP8266 processor from Espressif is an 80 MHz microcontroller with a full WiFi front-end (both as client and access point) and TCP/IP stack with DNS support as well. We do sell these on a breakout, but maybe you wanna just put this in your own project PCB.
The module supports standard IEEE 802.11b/g/n protocol, a complete TCP/IP protocol stack. Users can use the modules for an existing device to add networking, or building a separate network controller.
ESP8266EX is among the most integrated WiFi chip in the industry; it integrates the antenna switches, RF balun, power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier, filters, power management modules, it requires minimal external circuitry, and the entire solution, including front-end module, is designed to occupy minimal PCB area. ESP8266EX also integrates an enhanced version of Tensilica’s L106 Diamond series 32-bit processor, with on-chip SRAM, besides the Wi-Fi functionalities. ESP8266EX is often integrated with external sensors and other application specific devices through its GPIOs; codes for such applications are provided in examples in the SDK.
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Integrated low power 32-bit MCU
- Integrated 10-bit ADC
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLL, regulators, and power management units
- Supports antenna diversity
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz, support WPA/WPA2 security mode
- Support STA/AP/STA+AP operation modes
- Support Smart Link Function for both Android and iOS devices
- SDIO 2.0, (H) SPI, UART, I2C, I2S, IRDA, PWM, GPIO
- STBC, 1x1 MIMO, 2x1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation and 0.4s guard interval
- Deep sleep power <10uA, Power down leakage current < 5uA
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- +20dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Operating temperature range -40C ~ 85C
- FCC, CE, and ROSH certified