DS18B20 Digital Temperature Sensor
This is a pre-wired and waterproofed version of the DS18B20 sensor.
Handy for when you need to measure something far away, or in wet conditions. While the sensor is good up to 125°C the cable is jacketed in PVC so we suggest keeping it under 100°C. Because they are digital, you don't get any signal degradation even over long distances!
These 1-wire digital temperature sensors are fairly precise (±0.5°C over much of the range) and can give up to 12 bits of precision from the onboard digital-to-analog converter. They work great with any microcontroller using a single digital pin, and you can even connect multiple ones to the same pin, each one has a unique 64-bit ID burned in at the factory to differentiate them. Usable with 3.0-5.0V systems.
We toss in a 4.7k (for long cable) & 2.2k (for short cable) resistor, which is required as a pullup from the DATA to VCC line when using the sensor.
- Unique 1-Wire® Interface Requires Only One Port Pin for Communication
- Each Device has a Unique 64-Bit Serial Code Stored in an On-Board ROM
- Multidrop Capability Simplifies Distributed Temperature-Sensing Applications
- Requires No External Components
- Can Be Powered from Data Line; Power Supply Range is 3.0V to 5.5V
- Measures Temperatures from -55°C to +125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- ±0.5°C Accuracy from -10°C to +85°C
- Thermometer Resolution is User Selectable from 9 to 12 Bits
- Converts Temperature to 12-Bit Digital Word in 750ms (Max)