The DS1220 is a precision 24-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that provides many integrated features to reduce system cost and component count for small sensor signals. The device passes a flexible input multiplexer (MUX), low noise, programmable gain amplifier (PGA), two programmable excitation current sources, a voltage reference, an oscillator, a low side switch and a precision Temperature sensor to implement two differential or four single-ended inputs.
The device can be converted at a data rate of 2000 samples per second (SPS) with a single cycle of precipitation. At 20 SPs, the digital filter provides simultaneous 50 Hz and 60 Hz rejection for noise industrial applications. The internal PGA provides high gain to 128 V/V. The PGA makes the ADS1220 ideal for measuring small sensor signals such as resistance temperature detectors (RTDs), thermocouples, thermistors, and resistive bridge sensors. The device supports measurement of pseudo or fully differential signals when using the programmable gate array.
Alternatively, the device can be configured to pass through the internal PGA while still providing high input impedance and gain of up to 4 VnV, allowing single-ended measurements.
In the duty cycle mode, when PGA is disabled, the power consumption is as low as 120pa. The ADS1220 is available in a leadless VQFN-16 or ATSSOP-16 package and is specified over the -40C to +125C temperature range.
- Low current consumption: as low as 120μA in duty cycle mode (typical)
- Power range: 3 V~5 V
- Up to 20 effective resolutions
- Two differential or four single-ended inputs
- Dual matched programmable current source: 10μA to 1.5 mA
- Internal 2.048-V Reference: 5 ppm/°C (typical) Drift
- Internal 2% precision oscillator
- Internal temperature sensor: 0.5°C (typical) accuracy
- SPI compatible interface (mode 1)
- Temperature sensor measurement:
- Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD): 2-wire, 3-wire or 4-wire type
- Bridge sensor measurement:
- Pressure sensor
- Strain gauge
- Portable instrument
- Factory automation and process control
Package includes: 1 x CJMCU-1220 ADS1220 ADC I2C Low Power 24 Bit A/D Converter Module with pins