FIREWIRE® FR-ABS (1kg)SKU: 3D3012-175
Firewire® ABS-FR is a premium UL94 V-0 rated ABS that allows for the printing of functional prototypes and production parts. This material is ideal for printing electrical housings, connectors, or any part that requires thermal properties [up to 95°C] and flame retardant ABS characteristics.
Firewire® FR-ABS is made using a premium UL94 V-0 rated ABS. Flame Retardant ABS is ideal for applications that require UL94 V-0 self-extinguishing characteristics.
Benefits of Firewire Flame Retardant ABS:
- Durable and sturdy parts with highly flame-retardant, self-extinguishing properties
- Easier to print than most industrial-grade materials
- Made using UL94 V-0 rated base resin
Flame Rating (UL94):
2.0mm: V-0, 5VB
2.5mm: V-0, 5VB
3.0mm: V-0, 5VB
Available on order only. (Lead time: <7 days)
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 220-240°C
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive or 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping and improves layer adhesion
- Supports: Water-soluble AquaTek X1 USM works ideal for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4 hours.
Direct ventilation is required to print Firewire Flame Retardant ABS. This grade has a much more pronounced odor during printing and it is highly recommended to use in a well-ventilated area or with HEPA and carbon filtration systems available.