CARBONX Carbon Fiber ABS + CF15 (750gms)SKU: 3D3001-CF175
CarbonX™ ABS+CF is a high-performance carbon fiber reinforced ABS filament ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, lightweight, and ease of printing. Made using 15% High-Modulus Carbon Fiber (not carbon powder or milled carbon fiber). Made in the USA using premium Sabic MG-94 ABS and high modulus carbon fiber.
Benefits of CarbonX™ ABS+CF Include:
- Stiff, high-modulus, industrial-grade parts off many 3D printers available on the market today
- Greatly improved stiffness, modulus, and dimensional stability thanks to the addition of carbon fiber reinforcement
- Easier to print than most industrial-grade materials
- Parts can be smoothed with acetone vapors
- Higher melting point than PLA or PETG
This product contains 750 grams of filament.
2.85mm Available on order only. (Lead time~ 7-10 days)
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 220-240°C
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm.
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments.
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping.
- Supports: Water-soluble AquaTek X1 USM works great for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4 hours.
Carbon Fiber FilamentWhat Is It?
Fibers 5-10 micrometers wide made of carbon. The fibers are aligned following the axis of the material. This, along with their physical makeup, are what gives this material its excellent properties.What Does It Do?
Carbon Fibers demonstrate a lot of desirable material properties:
- High stiffness
- High tensile strength
- High heat tolerance
- High chemical resistance
- Low weight
- Low thermal expansion
Reinforcing plastic with carbon fibers produces a 3D printing filament that exhibits the best properties of both the carbon fibers and the plastic of choice.
What Is It Good For?
Ideal for any applications which require lightweight and rigidity. Carbon fiber reinforced parts, designed to use less material and save weight, are extremely popular in aerospace, civil engineering, the military, and motorsports.
This material is particularly abrasive among 3D printing filaments. Users may find standard brass nozzles are chewed through very quickly compared to standard wear and tear. When worn through, the nozzle diameter will widen inconsistently and the printer will experience extrusion issues. Because of this, it's strongly recommended this material be printed through a hardened steel nozzle rather than a softer metal. Hardened steel nozzles can often be inexpensive and easily installed depending on your printer manufacturer's instructions.