3DXSTAT ESD ABS (1kg)SKU: 3D3009-175
3DXSTAT™ ESD ABS is an advanced ESD-Safe filament formulated for a wide array of applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and thermal stability up to 95°C. Made using high flow ABS and CNT’s to offer exceptional repeatability and reliability.
Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm. Compare to Stratasys® ABS-ESD7 in performance and price and you’ll never go back! Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state-of-the-art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes.
3DXSTAT™ ESD ABS is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. Manufactured with consistency in mind, 3DXTECH starts with premium ABS and then compounds it according to a proprietary formulation of multi-wall carbon nanotubes – giving you a filament with excellent printing characteristics and consistent ESD properties.
Benefits of ABS Include:
- Durable and sturdy parts off practically every machine on the market
- Easier to print than most industrial-grade materials
- Higher melting point and thermal properties than PLA or PETG
- Ideal for prototyping or end-use parts among both industry engineers and hobbyists alike
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ Include:
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
2.85mm Available on order only. (Lead time: <7 days)
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 220-240°C
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape work best for us.
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping.
- Other: Increasing your extrusion multiplier up to 1.15 or even 1.2 and varying your fan speed between 50-100% may be necessary.
- Supports: Water-soluble AquaTek X1 USM works great for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4 hours.
Typical ESD ABS Applications Include:
Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing Applications
Target Conductivity for 3DXSTAT ESD ABS:
10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how ESD ABS filament works in your specific printer/application.
Surface Conductivity as a Function of Extruder Temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD-safe part will vary depending on the printer’s extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be ‘dialed-in’ by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your ESD ABS part.
Safety Data Sheet